Wednesday, August 17, 2011

OUR PRESENTATION "SEX IN THE CITY"

Sex In The City
            Working with my group I learned a lot and also had some fun with them while we worked on gather some of our information. We all put ideas together in how to present and had many outlines to make our group work and what we were trying to prove to the class and the professor. As we all showed what areas we were all interesting in we all had an idea to break done into three small groups among ourselves in order concentrate in certain areas. As a group we communicated via internet or text messages. Something that our group did very well in was meeting up as a group at least ones every week or sometimes even two times a week. I believe this help us simply because it kept us on track with what type of information or clips we were looking for and introduce our group the information we were trying to present to the class. I really enjoyed the fact that our group was very confident and was open for new ideas; gave us plenty of feedback to make our research and presentation go in the right direction. I felt that because of our group meetings we got to learn different things not only as individuals but also about the theories and how to view the show in a different prospective.
            The way I contributed was in two ways one was with my partner and secondly, with my group members. My partner and I both kept emailing ourselves with outlines and different information that we both felt it would fall with the context of postmodernism. Together we came up with was to present our concept and what was it that they we wanted out individual group to learn and as well for the class itself. I did help with looking up clips and I had found a great clip for the presentation that we found ourselves out of time to actually show the class that fell right into our concept. I also helped my team during out presentation I was the second person who when up and asked the class what were their thought about sex in the city? So I contributed on making the class talk and did our ice breaker so our class mates had an idea of what we were going to give them as an over look. When we broke our class into small groups my partner and I gave them an overlook about what postmodernism and asked them a few questions. The team came up with a great discussion and tied in the show with the context of the barker book. They even compared Sex In The City with older shows and tried to show us how this show was not the first one to brake different boundaries. I felt that the class itself might have enjoyed the fact that me allowed them to share their thoughts about the show and at the end we still brought them together and taught them three concepts and might have changed their minds about the show itself.        

No comments:

Post a Comment